Wednesday, February 18, 2015

PI Counselor visits PP

Mrs. Blake visited a Primary counseling session. Here's what Lauren shared regarding her visit:

 I observed Rachel Cox, Kindergarten and 1st grade counselor, teach a lesson to a kindergarten class on Thursday, January 22.  As a counselor to older students, I really enjoyed watching her teach a group of kindergarteners!  I was able to observe the wonderful classroom management techniques she used with this younger group of children as well as how she simplified the concept of diversity so that the primary students could really understand it!

During the month of January, I was teaching a lesson to 5th graders on self-concept and individuality.  This was also part of her lesson.  We both referred to our handprints/fingerprints and how no two thumbprints are the same.  It was neat to see how we used this same concept with students who were 5 years apart to illustrate the same concept of diversity and uniqueness.

I really enjoyed my time spent with Rachel at PP.  I look forward to observing more lessons with younger students.

No comments:

Post a Comment